Monday, December 16, 2013

January 2013



Best Book of January 2013--before you get to the good stuff--
Bring Up the Bodies--there's a reason that this won the Booker Prize.  Just as intense as the first part (Wolf Hall), in fact, maybe more so, because the timeline is so condensed and Anne Boleyn's demise happens so fast.  

January 2013 Pictures: 




January 1: 2013 hit the ground running--Aimee's wedding gown fitting was scheduled for the first day of the year! 
January 2: I was studying hardcore
for the Spanish test I was taking in a few
days.  The best study method? Reading
Harry Potter in Spanish.  

  January 3: One of the things I was trying this year was to do a themed picture if nothing particularly interesting was happening that day.  This picture, the cafeteria at Little Run after the kids had left for the day, captured repetition perfectly.
January 4: This one to me is about just how weird getting wedding clothes for guys can be.  Aim and I headed to Men's Wearhouse to look into options for Timothy.  

 January 5: I hate manicures because of how easily they chip, but these are the sophisticated version of the stickers we used to put on our nails as kids.  They stay on for two weeks and look like they took me lots of time, and talent.



January 6: Downton Abbey is back for the season--Aimee and I headed over to Sarah's to watch the season premiere!



 January 7: It was go time--time to see if I could translate 500 words of Spanish into English in two hours.  I just got in under the time limit and felt blessed--it turned out that I recognized the passage from Like Water for Chocolate.  Please pass me.  


January 8: Our recycling day had been Christmas Day and then New Year's Day the last two weeks.  No one was sure if they'd be picking things up the next day or not, so what ended up happening was this--a mountain of recycling by the curb. 
 January 9:
Best news ever--earlier than expected.  Spanish test passed, 
stress level way reduced.  



 January 10: I was pumped to try some things this year--reading Heart of the World, a book Jade had gotten me a little bit ago, and trying to remember to pray for Jackie and Andrew down in St. Maarten.  Somehow the rubber bands were perfect--I would put them on each night before bed and pray for them, then do it again the next morning before I took them off.

January 11: Coming down with a bad cold, scared that it's the flu.  (It doesn't end up being one, thank goodness.  Especially since I had plans this weekend!)



January 12: I headed to Woodstock to see Ash, runny nose and all.  We went to see Les Mis, but the real highlight, the real reason I was super glad to see her was finding out she was going to have a baby!




January 13: I'm not usually too pumped to leave Ash and Jake's and especially considering I was feeling even worse than before, the dreary day perfectly matched my mood. 


January 14: So good to see their (tan) faces! Even though I'd just see them at Christmas, Skyping down to St. Maarten was the highlight of my day!

January 15: George Mason takes on (and beats!) James Madison.  One of the funniest parts--our student section chanting 66 to 81 at JMU's players near the end of the game.  

January 16: Caribou was pretty new to our shopping complex, and I'm not going to lie, having a coffee shop right next to Trader Joe's is both awesome and dangerous. 


January 17: The day was cloudy, but not snowy.  Even though the weathermen were calling for snow, I was waiting a mile away from work, sadly saying goodbye to our snow day possibility.  

January 18: Kid Pic

January 19: Theme inspired--bright light.  I love the way the sun streams in through these (kind of ugly) curtains.  

January 20: Continuing to get rid of my old fat clothes is a really healthy, cleansing thing.  Except for the part where most of them were cute clothes that I liked.  But these are all going away.  

January 21: Inauguration Day! I wouldn't have braved it by myself, and I might not need to ever do it again, but with Christiana and Tony, I went into DC to see Barak Obama sworn in for his second term. 

January 22:  A Bracing Cold as Sheldon Cooper would say.  If we were lucky it might get to 20 degrees today. 

January 23: Back to buying books again--the semester is about ready to re-start.  I love buying a few new books, especially since my textbooks tend to be fairly inexpensive. 

January 24: It wasn't a huge dumping of snow that got us out for a few days, but it was good for a two-hour delay.  And especially after a late Carolina game the night before, it was perfect. 

January 25: I took Ab to PinkBerry after she came for an afternoon mall trip and got stuck here for the night.  She missed Timmy, and I did too a little bit since I was planning to drive home with her and see him last night too.  But this was a pretty yummy treat.  


January 26: Making up for last night I had a blast hanging out with Tim at Mom and Dad's house.  

January 27: Timmy Bear at church in Newville.  He looks so strangely bald right here since he has hair now!

January 28: Really, these have been the same price for more than 20 years? It almost makes me think they were overpriced then...

January 29th: Aimee models her bridesmaid dress and the necklace she thought about pairing it with after a long day shopping :) 

January 30th: I tend to be cranky driving home super late from class.  Especially in the rain.  Especially when a minor accident totally slows down traffic right before the highway.  Grr... But the colors look pretty. 


January 31st: Applying for jobs--both for next year and summer time--is like a full time job itself!



No comments:

Post a Comment